For those with a hectic schedule, it may feel like you don’t have the time to create a meal that’s better for your diet. This slow cooker recipe is a perfect way for you to accomplish serving up a healthy meal even when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chops
1.5 tsp. italian seasoning
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
.5 tsp salt
1 pinch of pepper
2.5 tbsp balsamic vinigar
2tbsp. corn starch
1 onion (chopped)
2.5 lbs bone in pork chops (roughly 6 chops)
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
2 small zucchini (medalions or cubed in 1 inch pieces)
2 tbsp cold water
4 oz. orzo
1. Cook your Orzo and keep warm off to the side.
2. In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning.
3. Plae the chopped onion into your slow cooker first. After that, add 3 chops. Sprinkle half of your seasoning mix over the chops. Repeat again adding more chops and the rest of your seasoning. Top everything with the undrained tomatoes, vinigar, and zucchini.
4. Choose your preferred time. You can cook it on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.
5. Once your food is done cooking in the slow cooker, remove the broth in the slow cooker and pour it into a sauce pan.
6. In a cup, stir together the cornstarch and the water and then pour it into the sauce pan with the broth; simmering over medium heat until the borth has thickened.
7. Plate your meat and veggies and add the gravy over them both. Add your warm orzo to the side and enjoy!