The natural sweetness of the sweet potato together with savory ingredients, make a delicious meatloaf that becomes even tastier over time. Perfect recipe for people watching their sugar levels.
What you need:
• A pound of ground turkey breast
• A large, peeled, cubed sweet potato
• A large egg
• ¼ cup of ketchup
• 1 small, finely chopped onion
• ¼ cup of honey barbecue sauce
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper (or just enough to taste)
• 2 slices of whole wheat bread, crumbles into small pieces
• 1 tablespoon of salt (or just enough to taste)
How to make it:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the 2-quart baking dish by greasing it lightly.
3. Boil a pot of salted water.
4. Place the sweet potato in it and cook until it is soft.
5. Drain the sweet potato and mash it until it is smooth.
6. Get a large mixing bowl and combine the ground turkey, barbecue sauce, egg, garlic, onion, ketchup, whole wheat bread crumbs, and Dijon mustard.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Mix in the sweet potatoes.
9. Add more bread crumbs if the mixture is too wet.
10. Use your hands to shape the loaf.
11. Place the finished loaf on the baking dish and bake for an hour.
12. Slice the hot meatloaf.
13. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe yields 4 servings with 336 calories each, with:
• 33.8 grams of protein
• 2.7 grams of fat
• 117 mg of cholesterol
• 43 grams of carbohydrates
• 2, 478 mg of sodium