If you’re trying to stay fit and healthy, then a protein based diet is the best source of nutrition for you. However, it seems like Tofu is always left out of the conversation as opposed to more traditional sources of protein such as bars, chicken, or meat. If you’re a vegetarian, but still looking for a good source of protein, then it wouldn’t hurt to add tofu into your diet. In fact, there are many tofu recipes that can help you have a well balanced diet without having to resort to eating meat. And, if you’re not a vegetarian, then it still doesn’t hurt to try out new things.
Starting with Tofu Keema, which is a dish that can be made using ingredients such as:
- One teaspoon of minced garlic
- One sixteen ounce package of firm tofu
- One teaspoon of minced fresh ginger root
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds
- One chopped onion
The directions to make this food require you to:
- Step 1: Put the tofu in a colander, and make sure to cover it with a plate. You then must weigh it down with either using a skillet or any kind of object that is heavy. Let drain for approximately thirty minutes. Afterward, put it in the freezer for one full day.
- Step 2: Once you remove the tofu from the freezer and defrost it, make sure to mince and set it aside.
Step 3: Make sure to heat oil in a large size skillet over medium temperature based heat; you must add cumin seeds, and then cook until the seeds begin to sputter. Cook it using onions, ginger, garlic in oil until it turns brown. Stir all these ingredients in the tofu, peas, and curry powder. It’s important that you cook while stirring the ingredients on a frequent basis for over five minutes. Once that’s done, you must stir it in salt and tomatoes. Last steps involve covering and cooking it for exactly fifteen minutes. It’s important that you stir in the chopped pepper, and cook for two to three minutes. After all these steps are followed, then you’re done