Being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you can’t have bland and unexciting meals. In fact, tofu is the perfect substitution for any mean in a variety of traditional dishes. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy it either. Tofu is an extremely versatile meat substitute that is healthy, packed full of protein, and yes, even flavorful. Make the most of tofu with these healthy and delicious recipes, there’s plenty to go around!
Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry
This quick and easy stir-fry combines teriyaki-marinated tofu with crisp broccoli, peppers, and pineapples.
- 12 ounces block pressed extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- ½ cups unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Whisk soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, pineapple juice, cornstarch, brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, broccoli, and cashews and cook until tender (5-7 minutes). Reduce to medium heat.
- Add pineapple chunks, tofu, and sauce. Stir until heated through
- Serve over your favorite rice and enjoy!