Spicy Garlic Tofu is made of:
- Five hundred grams of extra firm tofu. Make sure to chop it up into bite sized cube pieces
- Seven to eight cloves of garlic. It’s important that you don’t peel the skin.
- About two inches of ginger
- About eight to dry red chilies
- One tea or tablespoon of white sesame seeds
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two teaspoons of soy sauce
- Two teaspoons of sesame oil
- One teaspoon of pepper powder or crushed pepper. It’s up to you
- Make sure to have your green onions chopped up so that you can garnish them
Now that you have the ingredients in order, all that’s left to do is make the dish which includes steps like:
- Step 1: Placing the chilis, ginger, sesame seeds, salt, and the garlic in a blender. Pulse it for three to four times. It will turn into a coarse paste.
- Step 2: Make sure to heat the oil in a pan. Keep the temperature between a medium to low heat setting. Afterward, add the spice mix it, and then fry it for approximately thirty seconds. Once that’s done, add soy sauce, pepper powder, and cubes made of tofu
- Step 3: Toss well so that the spices and soy sauce can coat the tofu well. After that’s done, you must fry it for two whole minutes or so, at least until the tofu turns golden and crispy on the outside of it
- Step Four: It’s important that you garnish it with chopped green onions or sesame seeds. It’s your choice really