It’s not always easy to make a hearty and healthy meal. If you have a limited amount of time to work on preparing dinner; a slow cooker comes in handy. Get ready to wow your family with this recipe!
1 4lb. Boiler Chicken (skin removed and chicken cut into pieces)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 TBSP Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
1 small package of mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
1 green pepper (cut into strips)
2 onions (wedged)
1 medium tomato (diced)
1/2 cup Parmesan (shredded)
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1. Add flour to a large ziplock bag.
2. Add chicken to the bag of flour a little bit at a time to coat.
3. Add your oil to a large skillet and brown all chicken pieces on both sides.
4. Add browned chicken to your slow cooker.
5. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and onions to the slow cooker.
6. In a bowl, add all herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and tomatoes and mix.
7. Pour over veggies and chicken.
8. Cook in the slow cooker for 4 to 5 hours on low.
9. Plate and top with parmesan cheese!