SALMON POTATO CAKES
Combining salmon, potatoes, and herbs can turn any brunch, lunch, or dinner extra special. Every bite is even more unforgettable with a simple garlic mayo dip to accompany it.
What you need:
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
• 3 medium potatoes (peeled, then shredded)
• 3 green onions (chopped)
• Pepper and salt (to taste)
• ½ lb. of cooked and flaked salmon
• 1 cup of oil (as needed)
• 1 red bell pepper (seeded, then chopped)
• 2 tablespoons of drained capers
• ¾ cup of dry bread crumbs
• ¾ cup of canned banana peppers (chopped)
• ¾ cup of fresh mushrooms
How to make it:
1. With your hands, squeeze out all the liquid from the shredded potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat the eggs, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the banana peppers, salmon, capers, green onions, mushrooms, bread crumbs, and red bell peppers.
4. Form the patties.
5. Get a skillet and place it over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the formed patties, until golden brown. Try to do so at one time to prevent them from becoming stiff.
7. Drain the cakes on paper towels before serving them.
This recipe yields 12 servings, containing 139 calories with:
• 15 g of carbohydrates
• 4.6 g of fat
• 119 mg of sodium
• 42 mg of cholesterol
• 8.7g of protein