Ravioli Summer Salad
This is an amazing summertime dish. It’s filling yet light and really hits the mark for picnics or dinner on the deck on a summer evening. It’s loaded with fresh vegetables and flavor!
9 ounce package of refrigerated cheese ravioli (light)
2 green onions (chopped)
1 medium tomato (chopped)
1 cup fresh snap or snow peas
3 cups of broccoli (florets only)
1/2 cup carrots (sliced)
1 cup Balsalmic vinegarette or low fat italian dressing
6 to 8 Fancy Lettuce leaves (optional for serving)
1. Cook Ravioli but do not add the normal salt or oil to the water.
2. During the last 3 or 4 minutes of cooking, add the carrots and broccoli. Let pasta finish cooking and drain everything. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process of the noodles. Drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta with carrots and broccoli, and onions. Drizzle with preferred amount of dressing. Toss everything inside the bowl to get it coated in the dressing. Cover tightly and chill for 4 hours.
4. Keep peas and tomatoes ready and off to the side to be added as the salad is being served.
5. If adding lettuce, place a large leaf of lettuce on a plate and spoon ravioli salad on top of leaf.