Protein-Rich, Low-Carb Cheesecake
This is a quick and healthy dessert you can make whenever you have your cravings for cheesecake. Simple, tasty, and just right for calorie counters and Type II diabetics.
What you need:
• 8.5 ounces of cottage cheese (low-fat)
• 1 serving pack of strawberry Jell-O (sugar-free)
• 2 egg whites
• 1 tsp of Stevia
• 1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla)
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
How you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 160 deg C or 325 deg F.
- Prepare the strawberry Jell-O based on the instructions on the package. Place it in the freezer to set.
- Get a mixing bowl and in it, combine egg whites and cottage cheese. Mix until you get rid of lumps and the consistency is smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract, protein powder, and Stevia. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in it.
- Check the Jell-O. If you can just stir it, then you can pour it over the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 10 to 12 hours before slicing.
- Enjoy without the guilt!