Healthy Egg Salad
This is a healthier version of the regular egg salad, where tofu is the star ingredient.
What you need:
• Ground pepper
• ¼ c of mayonnaise (low-fat)
• 4 lettuce leaves
• ¼ c of celery (chopped)
• 8 slices of bread (whole wheat)
• 2 pieces of green onions (chopped)
• 1 pack of firm tofu (cubed)
• 2 tbsps of sweet pickle relish
• 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
• 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
• ¼ tsp of salt
• ¼ tsp of turmeric (ground)
How you make it:
1. Get a mixing bowl and in it, combine all the ingredients except the tofu. When everything is incorporated evenly, fold in the tofu.
2. Place the 4 slices of bread on a platter and top each with the tofu egg salad mixture. You can sprinkle them with pepper if you want.
3. Close the sandwiches.
***Each sandwich has 14 grams of protein, 266 calories, 692 mg of sodium, 5 mg of cholesterol, 31 g of carbohydrates, and 9 g of fat