Indian Style Baked Tofu requires ingredients such as:
- One fourteen ounce packet of Tofu that is extra firm
- Three Tablespoons of Oil
- One tablespoon of curry powder
- Half a teaspoon of red chili powder
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- One Juice of half lemon juice
The directions to make Indian Style Baked Tofu need that you:
- Step 1: Open the tofu packet and drain the water. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and then put some weight on it and leave it for thirty minutes. After you drain the water, make sure to cut the tofu into cubes that measure about 1cm of thickness. Have about twenty pieces.
- Step 2: Take a one gallon Ziploc bag and add all the ingredients needed for the marinade in the bag.
- Step 3: Whisk it with a fork and then add the tofu cubes into the bag. Remove the air and close the bag, and then toss it well to coat with all the tofu pieces with the marinade.
- Step 4: Leave it in the fridge between thirty to forty minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 425F/220C for fifteen minutes.
- Step 5: Lightly grease a baking sheet, place the tofu pieces, and then bake it for close to half hour. It’s important to turn it once in the middle in order to ensure a crispy outer, and then you must broil it for another eight to ten minutes.