Grilled Salmon With Herbs
This is a wonderful recipe for those that love to grill with flare. Fresh herbs, fish, and fruits are combined to give you a wonderful low carb dish that will wow your family and friends!
1 2lb Fresh Salmon fillet about an inch thick with skin left on
1 Cedar Grilling Plank (12″x6″x1/2″)
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Fresh Sage (chopped)
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Cucumber and Dill Sauce:
1 cup Cucumber (finely chopped)
2 Tbsp Salad Dressing
1/4 cup Plain Yogurt (low fat)
2 tsp Fresh Dill (remove stems as best you can)
Wild Berry Sauce:
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Apple Juice or Cranberry Juice
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup Raspberries or Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Submerge the Cedar Plank in water. Place something heavy on it to keep it under the water. Soak the plank in the water for at least 2 hours.
2. Rinse the salmon and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Remove the plank from the water and place the salmon onto the plank with the skin side facing down.
4. Brush the top of the salmon with oil and then sprinkle the salmon with the pepper, salt, parsley, and sage.
5. Set your grill for indirect grilling. Your grill should be on medium heat at the center. Put the planked salmon in the center of the grill rack. Cook salmon with the grill lid closed.
6. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until the salmon easily flakes apart with a fork. Serve with sauce options.
1. Combine all ingredients for the cucumber sauce into a bowl and mix.
Wild Berry Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered. Let simmer for 8 minutes while stirring occasionally.
3. It’s optional to strain the seeds. Can be served cooled or warm.